If you'd like to get involved, please fill out the form to the right, and the organization will contact you shortly.
You may also contact us at email@example.com
Attend an Upcoming Event
Check out our Events Page
You will find events that support the Community, Democratic Organizations, and Democratic Candidates.
Attend a Monthly Meeting
Meetings are held at the Bartlett Community Center
700 S Bartlett Rd, Bartlett, IL 60103
Become a Precinct Committeeman Today!
The role of Precinct Committeeman (PC) is vital to candidates running for office, and to your County party. The DuPage Elections Commission describes the role of a Precinct Committeeman this way:
The grass roots and foundation of the political parties are its precinct committeemen. They serve as the foot soldiers to the most fundamental political unit of government, the precinct. The precinct committeeman helps shape party policy and participates in the selection process of candidates. A precinct committeeman is elected to a two-year term in the even-year primary elections.
Printer-Friendly Size - For full size, please email us.
Note: Please see the additional PC information below
Expectations of a Precinct Committeeman:
- Represent the party's voters at the county central committee convention to elect the county central chairman and its officers. The precinct committeeman casts a total number of party votes, (weighted vote), as cast in the precinct at the recent primary election.
- Attend and become involved in the party's Township meetings.
- Become a voter registrar and register all qualified constituents.
- Appoint and fill vacancies of election judges for the precinct polling place.
- Provide candidate and election information to the voters.
- Become familiar with the elected officials and legislatures so the concerns of the voters can be passed on to them.